Hello friends! It’s Thursday time again and we have a new challenge for you over at Cute Card Thursday today! The challenge for this week is…..”What’s New?“
And remember these challenge themes are always your own interpretation! Here’s what I’ve created for it:
I thought this image was so TWEET!! 🙂 It is a “new to me” image from our sponsor this week by All Dressed Up Stamps called Home Sweet Home. I thought this would be such a nice card for someone with a “new home”.
It was also nice to be able to use some older items from my stash as well! I have colored up the image and used a heart die to cut it out with. I’ve also sponged some color around the edges and added some stitching details with a marker. For the patterned papers in the background, I’ve used a paper piercer tool and made stitch marks over the holes with a white gel pen. I layered it onto a piece of white cardstock which I then layered onto a piece of 5″x5″ Sahara Sand top folding card base. BEFORE attaching my white layer onto the base, I’ve added some twine around it.
I cut out a smaller heart from the die set I’ve used from some craft foam and attached it to the image heart panel and placed it over the twine on the front. Lastly, I’ve added the wood veneer bird cage and flowers and twine bow.
Taking a closer look at the image, you can see that I’ve used various colors of Copics to color it in with. I went around the images with a W0 which matched up nicely with the colors of the main card panel. You can also see places where I’ve added a bit of sparkle from some colored gel pens and extra “dots” around the image with a white gel pen. It was actually a really simple and fun image to color!
I hope that you will join us this week and share “What’s New?” with us at Cute Card Thursday! Be sure to stop by the blog to see what other inspiration that the rest of the design team has come up with!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I wish you a wonderful day!
Challenges I’d like to enter for this card:
- CRAFT – New (year/job/baby, etc.) – for me: new home and new stash
- All Dressed Up Stamps challenge – Anything Goes + ADU image
- Cardz 4 Galz – New Year/New Stash (image and hearts dies)
- Alphabet Challenge – ‘U’ is for ‘Use Some Stitching: faux or real’
- Crafting From the Heart – Anything Goes
- Try it On Tuesday – Something old/something new (new image/wood veneer, new home and old papers, old flowers, old tools!)
- Words 2 Craft By – HOPE (W2CB61): “Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul & sings the tunes without the words & never stops at all.” ~ Emily Dickenson Absolutely LOVE that!!