Hello friends! Here we are with the first week of September already coming to the end! Wow! I think it may be time to start thinking about that “C” word! (Christmas of course!)
Today is a new challenge over at Cute Card Thursday today and we have our first of the month “Anything Goes” challenge this week! We our sponsored again by the lovely Whimsy Stamps, so be sure to enter for a chance to win a fun prize!
Here’s what I’ve made with our sponsor’s product:
I’ve used this really sweet digital image from Whimsy Stamps called “Penguins Under the Mistletoe” and of course Crissy’s penguins are so fun to color up!
I have followed a sketch for my design using a challenge (see below) and have pulled out some older papers in my stash that I thought looked really festive and went with the colors I have picked out.
I white heat embossed the sentiment from the Whimsy Stamps Holiday Mini Sentiments on the green colored layer and popped the image panel layered in red cardstock over top with some foam tape.
I’ve taken some silver glitter paper and die cut a few snowflakes from the Whimsy Stamps No-See All Season Tree die set along with cutting a strip for the top of the card too.
Here’s a closer view of the image so you can see how I’ve colored it up. I’ve used the following Copic colors below. You can view/purchase Copic at Whimsy Stamps by CLICKING HERE or click on the numbered links below:
- penguin bodies: C8, C7, C5, C3, C1, R20, R00, Y38, Y35, Y32
- Santa Hat and Candy Cane: R39, R37, R35, R32, BG000
- Mistletoe: YG67, YG61 (berries are red Nuvo Drops)
- Hat and Scarf: BB26, B24, B21, BG000
- Gift: G09, G07, Y17, Y15, Y11
- I used BG000 for snow ground shadows
I went around the edges of the image panel with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and the ink foam blending tool. I ten took my quicky glue pen and added some dots for the snow as well as underneath the penguins and sprinkled on some glitter.
Hope you’ve enjoyed my card today and please be sure to stop on over to the Cute Card Thursday Blog to check out the rest of the inspiration from the design team and play along with us!
Thanks for stopping in and I’ll see you again tomorrow for something fun!
Here are the Whimsy Stamps products with affiliate links used on my card today:
Challenges I’d like to enter this for:
- The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge – Anything Christmas Goes
- Sketch Saturday – Pick any sketch from 215-578 (I chose sketch #356)
- Merry Little Christmas – Anything Christmas Goes
- Love to Craft – September Anything Goes
- Pammies Inky Pinkies – PIP1935 Anything Goes
- ABC Christmas Challenge – ‘S’ & ‘T’ are for Sparkle and Texture