Hello friends! Are you enjoying your month of June so far? Wow, did it get warm the last few days over my way! Thought it would be a good time to cool down and not “be crabby”! LOL!
How cute is this smiling little guy/gal?! This is the “Stamp of the Month (Crabby)” from Brutus Monroe and I’ve colored it up with Copics and fussy cut it out with my scissors.
I’ve decided to make a fun underwater scene with him using the Tangled Waves stencil and going over it with some sparkly Glitter Glaze. (I’ve used one called “sky”, but not available in store.) I stenciled this over some of the Sea cardstock. For the bottom portion of the ocean floor, I’ve die cut a wavy border strip and covered it with some “Sand Paste” which is very textured and thick. I think it took almost 2 days to dry completely, but I really put it on thick. I think it makes such an amazing texture and it’s flexible too!
I’ve attached it over the glitter glaze background, white heat embossed the sentiment from the crab set with the Alabaster EP over a piece of Midnight cardstock which is what I also used for the card base and cut a banner with it to glue over the sand.
I attached the crab over the sand and also some seashell sequins and tropical fish cut outs from a past card kit to help finish the underwater scene.
Here’s a closer look at the stenciled background with the glitter glaze over it as well as the sequins I added above the fish to give the appearance of “bubbles”. I used some Dazzling Blue Nuvo Glitter Drops in the center of each one and I’ve also covered the crab’s eyeballs with some Glossy Accents.
It was such a fun and simple design to create, it only required some patience for a little drying time is all. Plus, this cutie really makes me smile anyway!😉 Hopefully the recipient will think so too!
Thanks so much for dropping by today and I hope you’ve enjoyed my card or been inspired in some way! I’ll SEA you again soon!!
- A Perfect Time to Craft – June Anything Goes
- Crafting Happiness – #52 Anything Goes optional: beach
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies – Anything Goes + animal
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies – PIP2023 – Anytihng Goes
- Crafty Animals – June Anything Goes + animal
- Crafts Galore Encore – #76 June Anything Goes
- As You Like It – Scenes or Not? Why? (I love making scenes because you can place different images together how you want to arrange them and create depth or personalize it to make it unique!)
- Craft Rocket – #71 embossing wet/dry (heat and paste)