Hello friends! There is so much to “bee” happy about for sure! It’s been sunny out lately, it’s the weekend and I have some fun creations to share with you for the Whimsy Stamps June digital release today! 🙂
Check out these ADORABLE bees!! I have made 3 different cards because I just couldn’t stand not being able to color each one of these which are all included in this set! I have used Crissy Armstrong’s “Bee Happy” digital stamp set. This is a set that was previously released as a stamp set, but now available in digital format starting this month! Good news that you can now choose between either format you prefer!
I’ve sized each of these bees in the format to fit onto a 4″ square card design. I’ve cut them out with a hexagon die cut and layered another black piece of cardstock behind each one.
For the background, I’ve taken a yellow piece of cardstock slight smaller than the 4″ square top folding white card base and embossed it with a fun hexagon embossing folder. Before attaching them to the card base, I’ve added some black ribbon at an angle over it. I then attached the image panels and added the ribbon bow which I then placed a bee wooden accent to the center of each one.
The story with the black splatters actually came about from an accident I had! I opened up a black shimmer pen over top one of the cards and it had a leak in it! When I popped open the cap, it spilled all over my card!! OH NO!!! Obviously, I had all of my cards done at this point and I loved the way I had colored them….so I just decided to “go with it” and added some more splatters to each one. I actually like the way it looked after I completed it! They look like “busy bee’s” now! TEE HEE!
Here’s a closer look at the “couple bees” image. For each one of the hexagon image panels, I’ve taken a black marker along the edges to make the stitch lines. I went around the edges of the image panel with some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and ink foam blending tool for each card. Also, for the sentiments on each card, I found an old “bee” style stamp set and used it to go with them. I believe that the “Bee Happy” rubber stamp set comes with sentiments that go perfectly with these cuties!
CLICK HERE to purchase/view Copic markers at Whimsy Stamps. Here’s how all of the bees were colored up with the Copic colors:
- Wings/around bees – B00, B000
- black stripes/nose/feet and hands – W9, W7, W5
- Yellow stripes – Y17, Y15, Y13, Y11, R20 (cheeks)
- The tiny heart from the sentiment was colored with Y15 and then I’ve added some Nuvo Glitter Drops over it.
- All the wings for each card were covered with the Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.
This little dude was so fun to color up with his party accents! 🙂 Here are the Copic colors I’ve used for the accecories: (See above for the basic bee coloring details.)
- bag – E87, E84, E81
- hat balloon, party hat, tissue from bag – V12, V15, YG11, YG13, YG25, YR04
- I’ve covered the purple on his hat with the Nuvo Glitter Drops
- The wings and balloon were covered with the Wink of Stella Glitter Pen
I just love how he’s trying to hand out a flower to you! 🙂 Here’s the following Copic colors that I’ve used for the flower (Please see above for basic bee coloring details.)
- flower stem – YG61, YG63
- flower middle – Y15 (I covered it with the Nuvo Glitter Drops again)
- flower petals – R32, R35, R37
- His wings were covered with the Wink of Stella
I hope you’ve enjoyed my bee creation today! Please be sure to BUZZZZ on over to the Whimsy Stamps store and check out all of the new June Digital Release today!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I’ll see you again soon!
Here’s the Whimsy Stamps products used on my cards today: (click on photos to purchase/view in store.)
Challenges I’d like to enter:
- Through the Craft Room Door – Anything Goes
- TGIF – #TGIFC214 Create a Set!
- Aud Sentiments – Nature + a sentiment (hoping bees are apart of nature)
- Creative Knockouts – Embossing Delight (embossing folder on each card)