Hello friends! Welcome to March! Although it’s still cold and even some snow coming in our forecast, I know that warmer weather is coming soon along with those pretty flowers! I have a full weekend of crafting coming, so I’m prepared to get through this cold snap!
So I have unfortunately had to make and send a couple of pet sympathy cards as I didn’t have any on hand. I decided that I needed to pull out a card kit from My Favorite Things called “Rainbow Bridge“, I think. It’s no longer available, but I know they have a few things in pet sympathy. I wanted to make sure that I still had some of these on hand when needed because I feel like these can be hard to make.
This card was made and sent out in January for someone who lost their precious fur friend. I thought the silhouette looked a similar shape to the photos I saw. I’ve used the stencil and dies that came with the kit along with some of the papers included in the kit with the paw prints. I’ve also used the same papers as a liner for the inside of the envelope that you can see in the photo.
I’ve ink blended some rainbow colors and then used the die set in the kit to make the rainbow bridge and added some hearts around the silhouette pup which was popped up over the rainbow bridge.
I also needed to make a kitty one and then just decided that I was going to use this card kit to make several of these different pet sympathy cards so that I had some on hand when needed. I thought that was a clever card kit and knew it would be very useful to create lots of pet sympathy cards with.
- These are all in the gallery below, so if you’re on my website, just click on each photo to enlarge the size so you can see the details:
Sometimes it’s just good to sit down and craft to have some cards on hand that you know you’ll probably need at some point, but don’t want to hurry to try and put something together because you need it.
Hope you’ve gotten some inspiration in my post today or found some inspiration with it. Thanks so much for stopping in today!
- Allsorts – Anything Goes optional 4-legged Friends
- Crafty Animals – Anything Goes + animal
- Critter Crazy – Anything Goes + Featured Creature
- Pearly Sparkles – Include Sentiment/Verse
- The Diva’s That Cut Paper – Anything Goes
- Penny’s Paper-Crafty – Anything Goes Using Paper
- Love to Craft – Anything Goes
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies – Anything Goes