Hello friends! I’m back again to share a mixed media wall plaque that I’ve made with several Sparkle N Sprinkle products:
It’s been a while since I’ve made any mixed media projects, so it was nice to be able to “get messy” and use some media products that I don’t pull out often enough! (Please check the end of this post and/or for a full detailed tutorial on how I’ve made this project, please visit me over on the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog post here! – Thank you for your kind support!)
So I started out the image panel thinking I was going to make a card with it, but then it felt like it was too large, so I decided I was going to make a Vintage style wall plaque with it instead! I had this plaque hanging around my room for about a year knowing that at some point I wanted to do something with it, so this felt like the opportunity I needed to get a project going.
I’ve used a January release stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle called Vase of Flowers stamp set. I colored it with Copic markers except for the pink flowers and buterflies. I covered the flowers with the Pink Fizz glitter and the butterflies with the Canary flocking. I cut out the image panel with the Tonic Loopy Lace Oval Die and added it to a piece of cardstock that was covered with the Super Adhesive Sheets. I then covered the entire panel with the same Pink Fizz glitter and burnished into the background.
Shown at a different angle, you can see allof the dimension and detail of the design.
I have also covered the flowers using some SNS Brushable Glue and brushing it over top in certain areas over the flowers and then I sprinkled some Diamond Dust glitter over top of them.
Again, if you want to see how I’ve completed the background of this plaque, visit me over on the SNS blog by CLICKING HERE. Be sure to subscribe for updates on projects daily from the rest of the design team too!
I hope that you were inspired by my mixed media project today and I thank you so much for stopping in as I’m always happy to hear what you think!
Here’s the SNS products used on my creation today:
- Vase of Flowers stamp set [00-924P8]
- Pink Fizz [GM2050], Diamond Dust [G1116]
- Canary [FL108]
- SNS Super Adhesive Sheets [SAS02]
- Brushable Glue [SNS 540]
- Nuvo Precision Glue Pen [206N]
- Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Aquamarine [807N] and Cornflower [806N]
- Mixed Media tissue, paints, crackle paste, matte medium, doily, antiquing cream & other mediums + accents
- surface is a 11″ x 7 1/4″ laser cut tombstone plaque
If you go shopping, be sure to use my code below for a discount:
Challenges I’d like to enter this project in:
- Not Just Cards – Anything Goes
- Crafty Gals Corner – Make it Sparkle
- Stamping Sensations – Fabulously Feminine (Stamped Vase of Flowers rubber stamp and colored it in.)
- Creative Moments – Anything Goes
- Crafty Calendar – Make it Flowery