Hello friends! Happy Thursday! As this month creeps along and the weather slowly changes to cooler temps, the eerie feeling of Halloween comes to mind! So get your “Halloween” on and come join us this week at Cute Card Thursday!
Here’s the project that I’ve made for the challenge using this adorable image from this week’s sponsor All Dressed Up! The image is called “Have a Magical Evening” and I have colored the entire image panel including the background with Copic markers. I have also used gel pens to color in gold details on the stars, her dress and shoes. Then I took the gold and white gel pens to add dots for the background sky. I’ve used a gold ink pad and rubbed it around the edges of the panel and then I mounted it over a gold foil cardstock base.
For this treat box, I’ve used the 2-5-7-10 box tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com to create a similar version, but I cut off the flap part and made a handle for my version. I covered the box with some fun “spooky” papers from my stash, added some gray with black stripes silk ribbon on the front panel along with making some bows with it for the sides of my box handle and glued them on. The image panel was added over top of the ribbon strip and design paper. It’s ready to add a nice treat inside for someone’s “magical evening”!
Here’s a closer look at the coloring of the image. I have also added some shimmer to the cresent moon with a Spectrum Noir glitter brush pen which of course is hard to capture in the photo, but you can see the areas where I’ve used the gel pens.
The blue background was made using my Copic markers and I blended them out so that the lighter tones were towards the witch and the darker tones to the edges.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my treat box creation today and that you’ll join along in the Halloween fun challenge this week at Cute Card Thursday!
Thanks so much for stopping in today!
- Craft Rocket – Autumn/Halloween
- Brown Sugar – (October) Spooky Halloween and/or Autumn
- Use Your Stuff – Autumn/Halloween (always great to use more paper from my stash!)
- Tuesday Throwdown – Anything Goes
- Words 2 Crafty By – “Listen! The Wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves. We have had our Summer evenings, now for October’s eves.”
- Crafty Creations – Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Anything BUT a card
- All Dressed Up – #85 Anything Goes + use ADU image
- Scor-Pal (Oct) – More than one score Fall/Harvest/Halloween (Scored at the marks, 2-5-7-10 inch marks)