Hello friends! Just wanted to pop in and share the projects I made for this fun class I took!
This class was full of lots of cool things and plenty to complete the projects below plus I had some things left over too:
The first project was this ginormous, very thick tag! It measures approximately 9.5″ tall and 5.25″ in width! I thought it would be cool on a project you frame or hang from the wall. Thinking about a burlap or something. hmmm….. Have any suggestions?
Everything you need except the stamps, ink and adhesive come with this class kit. So the background was foiled (foil included in kit) and I used my own tape adhesive to do that with the stripes for the background. The wreath was made with a chipboard circle from the kit which the flowers were attached to. I stamped and cut out the flowers from a stamp set which were colored with some of the Aqua Pigments that were included with the kit. I used a deco foil pen to create “dots” in the center of the flowers and used the left over foil from the kit. I curled up some of the edges of the flowers for added dimension.
For the banner, I used one of the sentiments from the same stamp set and stamped it out with the Black Ink over the tag included with the kit. I decided to change mine up from the way it was shown in class. So I cut off the end and added it underneath the wreath. Then I took the twine from the kit, doubled it up and added it as a bow on the bottom of the wreath. I took a cute bird button and glued it to the center of the twine bow. I thought to add a bit more color along the edges of the tag and sentiment banner with white Ink which I think softened up the edges nicely.
My second project was this card! The background was created with some sample sized Chroma Glazes from the kit. I chose to use a past stencil I had.
I decided to matt my stenciled background onto an A2 sized card base and also create an oval matt for behind my oval image panel. There was an oval piece and full base card piece that came in the kit, but I decided with all of the Aqua Pigment coloring I did, I needed to use watercolor Paper for stability. I used the Aqua Pigments from the kit as well as pulling in some browns and blacks from my stash. I mixed colors together to get the look I wanted. The image was stamped out. I stamped the branch first, masked it off and then stamped the bird so his tail was behind the branch. I then stamped the bird again and cut out his claws and attached them over the branch. It makes it look more dimensional that way and so it really looks like the bird is perched. I added some color to the background with the yellow Aqua Pigment from the kit.
I took the sentiment from this same stamp set and heat embossed it with some white EP and cut it into a banner to pop up over the card with some Foam Tape. I took the Acrylic Bubbles that came in the kit and colored the backs of them with a yellow alcohol marker and attached them randomly to the design.
The final project for the class was making up these set of tags! These tags came in the kit along with the blue twine. There wasn’t quite enough to string the 5th tag, so I took a piece from my stash. Not sure if I was supposed to get 4 or 5 tags…but I got 5! 🙂
I didn’t have the same stamp set that was shown in class, so I thought it would be a good idea to make up some birthday tags that I can add to gifts and/or cards! So I used a stamp set from my stash and colored them all in with the Aqua Pigments from the class kit. I just cut pieces of the twine and added them to the top of the tags. Simple, but fun!
Hope you’ve enjoyed my project share from class! Thanks so much for dropping in today and I’ll be seeing you soon!! Have an excellent weekend!
Challenges I’d like to enter: