Hello friends!! I’m so happy that we are into March as I hope to be feeling warmer temps and “seeing the green” very shortly over my way! I’m more than ready for that!
In the meantime, how about we celebrate with some inspiration and perhaps a fun event you might like to be apart of?! Whimsy Stamps is having this fun week of St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations over in their Facebook Group – Check it out HERE!!
I have made this super fun (mostly green) card especially for this fun event with the really adorable Little Leprechaun digital stamp by Crissy Armstrong. I thought he was so cute sitting atop his pot of gold with his new winged friend there! He was so fun to color up for this card! (See the Copic list below!)
For the card, I started out with some watercolor paper and I’ve used some Aquapigments (liquid watercolor from Brutus Monroe) and some extra water for the background of my card, then I cut it out with the Whimsy Stamps Hand Stitched Nested Rectangle Dies. I also used this to cut out the leprechaun image too. I’ve used some gold mirror cardstock to mat a layer of it behind the image panel.
I thought it would be fun to add a rainbow behind the image panel, so I took the WS Kinetic Curved Hills die set and cut strips with the straight curve die in the colors of the rainbow and added the strips over the background. Then I attached the layered image panel and took the WS No-See All Seasons Tree die set to cut some grass and mushrooms to attach at the bottom of the card. I used a white gel pen to color the spots on the tops of the mushrooms. I also sponged some ink over all the pieces. One of the sections of grass was popped up with foam tape. Lastly I took an older sentiment from Whimsy Stamps and made a banner that was popped up with foam tape over the design. I then mounted the entire card panel over an A2 top folding white card base.
Here you can see a close-up view of the coloring. I have used the following Copics to color in the image with:
- pot, hat band, stockings, coat trims & dragonfly body: C8, C5, C3
- Leprechaun outfit: C09, C07, G05, G03, Y11, Y13
- Leprechaun gold trim and coins: Y17, Y15 (layered over with gold gel pen)
- hair, skin, dragonfly wings: E09, E23, E21, E00, E000, Y11, R20, R00
- clover on hat: YG97, YG95
- outline of image and “dots” : C3, C1, C0, Y11, gold gel pen
You can also see the rainbow has some shimmer on it. This is where I took a Spectrum Noir clear glitter brush pen to go over it. You can also see a bit of shimmer from the Aquapigments in the background…they’re really stunning and I’ll be using them again in the future, so be sure to check back!! 🙂
I wanted to bring out some more of that gold with the mirror layer behind the leprechaun, so I brought some gold sequins into the layout and filled them with some gold Stickles. When you hold this card up to the light, the whole thing really shimmers and sparkles!! I loved how it turned out! I hope you’ve enjoyed it too!
Thanks so much for dropping in today and I sure hope that you will be joining with us over in the Whimsy Stamps Facebook Group for the St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations this week!! Would love to see YOUR mostly green creations too!! 🙂 Don’t forget there will be prizes, inspiration and fun!! Go check it out!
Here’s the Whimsy Stamps products used on my card today:
Challenges I’d like to enter this card for:
- Double Trouble – challenge #23 – “Thing 1“: The Wearin’ O’ the Green “Thing 2“: Collaboration with Heart 2 Heart Challenge (entered below!) “Thing 3“: Include a golden touch (used gold mirror cardstock and sequins filled with gold Stickles!)
- Heart 2 Heart Challenge – Greens, Rainbows & Pots of Gold (3 part challenge)
- Daisy Chain – Spring is in the Air!
- Creative Inspirations – Spring Greens
- Mod Squad – Green, Green Everywhere
- Crafting By Designs – Anything Goes
- Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenges – Rainbow (edited to add)