Hello friends! Yippee! It’s finally “officially” Fall now! (According to the calendar anyway.) We are very slowly starting to get lower temps at least in the evening time anyway. I’ve gotten out my Fall decorations and I’m ready! How about you?
Today I have a very sweet image from Whimsy Stamps to share with you:
Awe! I wouldn’t normally hug a snail, but I must say, this one is SUCH a cutie don’t you think? This digital image is called “Love You Slow Much” from Whimsy Stamps-Sylvia Zet’s Wee Stamps Collection which was previously released as a rubber cling stamp. So now you can have the option of choosing the digital or the rubber versions!
Of course with Fall having started, I was really inspired to create with this cutie in some orange, yellow and tan toned colors! With the exception of that blue bow tie on the snail, I’ve colored it differently as I think that makes him really stand out especially for dispensing hugs…or perhaps receiving them! 🙂
I’ve cut out the image with a stitched circle die and then die cut another larger circle in the orange color to mat behind that. I’ve taken a piece of decorative paper from my stash with the wording and added some stitch marks along the edge of it with a black marker and then mounted it to a piece of white cardstock. I wrapped some white organdy ribbon around these two pieces and mounted it onto an orange 5″ square top folding card base.
I took another piece of orange cardstock and die cut a tag out from an older Whimsy Stamps die that I have and then I stamped the “hugs” sentiment from the Whimsy Stamps Everyday Mini Sentiments clear stamp set towards the bottom of the tag and added it to the bow on the ribbon. Lastly, I took some flowers and attached them around the card design.
Here’s a closer look at the coloring I’ve done on this image. You can view/purchase Copic markers from Whimsy Stamps by CLICKING HERE or you can click on the numbered links below for a specific colored I’ve used:
- Snail Body: W7, W5, W3, W1, R00
- Snail Shell: E35, E33, E31, E30
- Snail Bow Tie: B26, B24, B21
- Fairy’s Dress, Hair Flowers, Shoes, Wings: YR07, YR04, YR02, BG000, C7, C5, C3
- Fairy’s Hair & Skin: E47, E44, E42, E41, E21, E11, E02, E00, E000, R20
- I used BG000 and E0000 for around image and shadows
- I’ve also used a gold gel pen for the center of the flowers in her hair and over the tiny marks behind her wings. I’ve used a white gel pen for hightlights in the Fairy’s cheeks as well as highlights on the snail’s shell. I took a glue pen over her wings and added some clear glitter over them.
- I’ve also used a Copic marker (unsure of color) to color a rhinestone for the center of the orange flowers.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my creation today and that it has inspired you in some way!
If you haven’t noticed, please be sure to take a look at the sidebar of my blog! You will notice some new badges there to help you see what’s coming soon! There will be a fun blog hop from Whimsy Stamps on World Card Making Day (October 5th) so you know there will be lots of fun inspiration, games and prizes! So be on the look out for that. Plus during the month of October there will be lots of spooky inspiration too…so be sure to subscribe to the Whimsy Blog for all upcoming details!
Thanks so much for stopping in today! I always appreciate your support! I’ll be seeing you soon!!
These are the Whimsy Stamps products used on my creation today with affiliate links:
Challenges I’d like to enter this card in:
- Creatalicious – Anything Goes with optional circles
- Stamps & Fun = Creativity – Anything Goes
- The Paper Girls – Anything Goes
- The Fairy & The Unicorn – Fantasy Anything Goes
- Creative Knockouts – Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede – Anything Goes #364
- Creative fingers – Anything Goes
- Always Fun – Cute Critters